Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The price of gas

Last Friday after work I just wanted be home. The thought had crossed my mind that I should fill up the tank with gas before the prices went up due to Ike. But, I just wanted to be home, so I didn't do it. Yesterday, Hey You called before I left the house and said they were working on the road near my exit and I should take an alternate route, one that bypasses my favorite gas station. So I didn't get gas yesterday either. This morning figured I had to do it, even if it meant kicking myself for not filling up on Friday. The price per gallon went DOWN from last week, by 4 cents!

Check out your keyboard. Do you have a cent sign anywhere? You know, that little c with a line through it? I can't find one on my keyboard. Alas, I suppose it's just not important anymore.

Oh, that reminds me. Did you watch the 60 Minute interview with Supreme Court Justice Scalia? Lesley Stahl dug up his PERMANENT RECORD from grade school!

1 comment:

Deb Silva said...

LOL - I don't have any "cents" either ... I hold down the Alt key and over on the number keyboard I put in 0162 for the cent sign. ¢

I have played around with the Alt key to find different characters I wanted/needed. I know there must be a chart or info somewhere.

Our gas went down too. If this keeps up they are going to start giving it away ... er ... um... maybe not.