Sunday, September 7, 2008

Bling, Permanent Records and Other Random Thoughts

So my friend Mar has been after me to start blogging. I've never felt I had enough to say, at least that someone else might be interested in. My life is not terribly exciting and right now and quite honestly I like it that way.

I'm watching tennis, U.S. Open Women's final. Did you see the tennis bracelet on Serena?!?! I don't wear that much bling when I get dressed up. I certainly wouldn't wear something like that to sweat in. Who am I kidding, I don't sweat.

Ok, back to blogging. My friend Deb just started a blog. She's going to chronicle her quilting journey. It's a great idea, but now it's already taken, damn. Can I say damn in a blog? Are there blog monitors? Will I be banned after my first post? Will it go on my permanent record?

Speaking of permanent records, have you ever seen yours? I haven't. I think it's really more of a temporary record that teachers use to scare little kids into being good. There were plenty of colleges willing to take my parents money in exchange for my education. None of my employers have ever asked for a copy of my permanent record. I don't think it's had any baring on my ability to borrow money. My husband didn't ask to see it before he married me. I bet if I asked my old school district for a copy of it they would laugh in my face.

I'm pretty pleased with myself right now. I figured out how to make "Mar" and "Deb" take you to their blogs when you click them. It's pretty much worn me out.

So far my first post has been random thoughts mixed in with a couple of deliberate thoughts. Maybe that's what this will become. Instead of trying to entertain readers, I'll just throw my thoughts out here.

Oh, and I'll put some pictures up now and then too. In fact, I spent a hour or so looking for photos that say something about me.

God I've got to lose some weight. I looked so much better 6 or 7 years ago. I'll start tomorrow, Hey You just made some popcorn.

This is our morning hang out on Kauai. The lanai at Java Kai in Hanalei about 20 pounds ago. Notice how I hide my hips under the table. It's a theme in most pictures of me, a well placed rock, plant, table or even another person if necessary. Of course it's getting harder since I have more to hide now.

I suppose I should save something for the next post(s). I would hate for this to be my first and last post because I said all I have to say. LOL

4 comments:

Mar said...

ROFLOL!! ok you've got me laughing now. Who knew you were such a comediene? You would not believe some of the stuff that I've seen on blogs, I'm talkin XXXX, so I think Damn will pass. Welcome back to blogland. We wanna see quilts!!

PamKittyMorning said...

Oh Holly, of course you have something good to say, I'll be checking back to read it!

Deb Silva said...

OMG!!! Holly! You're blogging!!! LOL
Love your first post!!! I haven't thought about my "pemanent record" in years.

I have to admit that figuring everything out s "exhausting" ... and I don't think I have even skimmed the surface. We definately have to compare notes at out next get together!

Anyway ... welcome to Blogland!

Deb Silva said...

PS ...

I'd recognize those toes anywhere ... LOL