Thursday, September 25, 2008

On the Frame

This is my APQS Millennium longarm quilting machine. Isn't she beautiful?


Right now I have an Ebay "rescue" top on the machine. It's not the greatest of tops but it's good for practice. At some point the top was washed which caused some of the seams to fray and the edges have been cut off. I presume because they frayed really badly. I still think it's pretty and worth quilting. That's the "rescue" part.



I'm putting Victorian feathers in the melons and centers of the rings. It's a technique I learned in a class with Karen McTavish. I'm doing continuous curves on all the little pieces in the rings and Terry Twists in the 4 patches where the rings over lap. All the rings are now quilted and I have the first row of melons/centers done.


Terry Twists on a Quilt Pink top I quilted last year.

3 comments:

Deb Silva said...

It's looking great Holly. I can't believe I forgot to get a pic of this quilt while at your place the other day.

carol said...

Very pretty. What are Terry Twists? I took a class with Karen a few years ago. She is great!!

Mar said...

what is that saying? You can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear, well you prove them wrong!!