Friday, September 26, 2008

New Iron


Last week while I was preparing for Sew Day with Deb and Mar, my old iron started slowing losing it's heat, until finally it was only luke warm. I found another iron in the garage, dusted it off and used it when the girls were here.


<==== Old Black & Decker Classic (RIP)






On Sunday, Hey You and I went to Lowes in Gilroy and, among other things, I looked for a new iron. I was going to get the same thing I had before, Black & Decker Classic. Then I saw this one, a Shark. Normally I would have overlooked this iron but in August when we all gathered at Pam's, she had a Shark and I liked it. My ironing station is back in business.

3 comments:

Mar said...

ahh, I was looking at those in Kmart just 20 minutes ago!! They had 2 sharks, I'll be watching how you like this one.

Ramona-quilter said...

There should have been a big "Warning Will Robinson" sign on that iron. I am about to toss my 3rd Shark. They look so wonderful and they work so great for 3 or 4 times then they start wetting the ironing board. My first was oneof the little purple jobs; perfect for quilt class. I dropped it thanks to the cat's antics; the second, who knows why it started leaking. I paused before buy this full-size Shar iron thinking 3rd time's the charm but alas 2 days ago, I was pressing borders on a customer quilt and all of a sudden it was soaked. Grrrr.
Good luck with yours.

Holly said...

Well at least I didn't pay a lot for it. Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep careful watch on it.