Friday, October 3, 2008

Alas, it's not over yet.

By 10:00pm last night we had water flowing into and out of our new beautiful water tank. There was still more work to be done (requiring the tank to be drained again) but it could wait for morning. So we only let it fill for a couple of hours, no sense filling it completely.

After Hey You got out of the shower this morning, I went in to start getting ready. Suddenly the water heater began making a terrible, loud noise. Kind of like when you try to get the very last of the milkshake up a straw, only worse.

Okay, I thought, this isn't terrible because 1) our house is equipped with two water heaters and the bathroom at the other end of the house is serviced by the 2nd one, and 2) in anticipation of our old water heaters giving up the ghost, we have two brand new ones still in their boxes in the garage.

I turned the faucet in the sink to brush my teeth. . . . . NOTHING. Not good. Hey You went out to check the tank, I went back to bed.

The good news is that the new tank is fine. The bad news is that the pump that pumps water from the storage tank to the pressure tank wasn't working. Hey You brought me a gallon jug of water and sheepishly suggested I could wet a wash cloth and clean up. Easy for him to say, he had a nice hot shower.

I can't wait to get home to see what today will bring.

1 comment:

Mar said...

oh no, I told you to call in sick! Hope this is the end of the water woes.